As some of you know, I’ve been on Twitter for a little while and, after some early skepticism, I’ve become a convert. As I continue to use Twitter, I have come across some cool Twitter applications that better the overall experience; tools like TweetDeck, Twitter Grader, twtPoll, and Topify. Here are the reasons I like Topify, check it out if you have a chance.
What is Topify?
You can learn more about Topify by navigating to their home page, click here. If you clicked the link you can tell pretty quickly that I just lied to you. Topify has clearly spent more time on the application than on their web site. Here are some of the highlights:
- Topify informs you when someone begins following you. Yes, Twitter does this as well but Topify does it better. When someone follows me on Twitter I receive an e-mail with the following information:
- The person’s BIO.
- The date they joined Twitter.
- A picture.
- Their most recent Tweets.
- How many followers the user has.
- How many people this user is following.
- With the information above I am able to determine if I want to follow this person.
- If I decide to follow the user all I have to do is reply to the e-mail from Topify. Simple.
- Did I mention that it’s free?
My Topify Wishlist?
With Topify you get a solid product but one that is limited by a lack of customization. I am hoping that Topify will eventually give me the ability to:
- Configure the number of tweets displayed in the e-mail. I would like to see everything Tweeted over the course of the last 2 weeks, for example.
- Provide me a list with of the users that this user most frequently communicate with on Twitter. This information would help me understand the user’s sphere of influence.
- I would like to be able to auto-follow users that have certain keywords in their BIO. For example, users that are into SharePoint, CRM systems, Mobile, Social media, etc.. would get an auto-follow.
- When I reply to follow a person I would like to include a quick message to the person I’ve decided to follow. The body of my e-mail message (up to 140 characters of course) would be perfect for this.
- I would be okay with ads in the e-mails sent by Topify. Well… As long as I could receive a small % of the revenue for these ads. Provide me with the ability to specify the types of ads I would be okay with going out to users I follow and we’re good to go.
Check it out and let me know what you think.