While at a Tweetup last night in Cambridge I ran into the people behind SocialMadeSimple and had the opportunity to hear a bit about their solution. This video, from their website, hits upon many of the key points.
Those of us that work extensively with social media often forget that most people know little about how to blog, tweet, etc…, and/or are fearful of getting started. SocialMadeSimple is working to eliminate the pain by for a very large niche, real estate and mortgage professionals. They are taking a big picture approach and helping these people by:
- Providing strategic plans to guide users at all levels of comfort. Starting with a plan is critical to success.
- Creating the accounts, if not already in place, to support social media activity.
- Providing education on the tools.
- Providing a library of content. Many people sit down in front of their computer and have no idea what to write. Fresh content is added to their library providing professionals with articles they can simply share or comment upon depending on their comfort level.
- Grading users. Goals are only useful if you are measuring how you are doing against them. This grading system keeps people, and entire organizations, on track.
SocialMadeSimple is a new company but they are already gaining traction. They recently signed a deal with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage of Southern California and Arizona, giving more than 6,500 agents in that area access to their solution. I’ll keep an eye on how they progress, stay tuned.