We released a major update to our Milestone Tracking Matrix product this evening. When release milestones are achieved it is important to reflect upon the good points as well as the areas where improvements are needed. I’m tired tonight so I’ll simply share with you my scorecard for this release by including the e-mail I shared with the entire company:
- Customer Requirements: A-. We met the vast majority of requirements, only falling short on some minor points.
- Scheduling: C. While I take ownership for this one we must all seek to become more rigorous about upfront scheduling, tracking progress, and communicating challenges.
- Code Design Quality: B. We made some solid improvements in terms of code maintainability.
- Test Coverage. B. We did a really good job but need to look at how to do a better job allocating resources earlier. The challenge here is both schedule-based and resource limitations.
- User Interface Design: A. We should be really proud of the work in this area, it feels like a brand new application.
- Usability: Good usability improvements, customers will notice the changes we have made.
- Performance Improvements: C. We only made minor performance improvements in most areas.
- Scalability: C. We only made minor improvements.
Overall Score: B
How does this compare to most of your releases?