We have explored the attributes of The Social Organization earlier in this series and I now wanted to take a moment to give guidance for any Social Organization on how they are expected to behave, their rules of the social networking road.
- All accounts on all channels must identify their relationship to the Social Organization. In other words, be honest, no guerilla marketing where you praise the company you work for without admitting you work for that company.
- Accepted Use Guidelines must be clearly posted on all channels.
- An ongoing training program must exist for all employees who engage with The Social Customer. New channels and evolving norms require The Social Organization to regularly train their employees.
- All channels must be treated the same for customer service, no line jumping can occur.
- Leverage processes and/or tools to distribute knowledge throughout the organization to increase the speed at which information is delivered through the social units and to the social customers.
- The Social Organization must measure customer satisfaction at each touch point. This information must be used to modify internal practices as needed.
- Publish customer satisfaction data publicly so that it is available on all channels.
I am sure this list is incomplete, what would you add? What would you change?